Pictured: Catrin and Seckou receive the fRoots Critics Poll Album of The Year Award 2013 for Clychau Dibon from Cerys Matthews at fRoots Magazine 35th anniversary celebration ‘Bridges’ (photographer: Judith Burrows)
• Clychau Dibon has won the fRoots Critics Poll Album of the Year 2013 . Every year since 1986 fRoots has polled experts in the UK and worldwide to select the Album Of The Year in the fields of music which the magazine champions – folk, roots and world music. With over 300 writers, broadcasters and activists on the panel, the fRoots Critics Poll for Album Of The Year is long established as the most extensively researched and prestigious annual poll of its kind, the de facto flagship industry award
• Clychau Dibon was named as one of the prestigious Songlines Magazine Best Ten Albums of 2013 – the first ever Welsh artist / project to be featured
• Clychau Dibon was runner up in the fRoots awards for Best Packaged CD 2013.
• Catrin and Seckou were nominated for two BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards – Best Duo, and Best Traditional Track for ‘Les Bras de Mer’
• The Guardian’s Robin Denselow chose Clychau Dibon as one of his Top 5 World Music Albums of 2013.